Nanna just might be out of a job! The gooey and custard-like spiced-fruit centre in this slice makes an old-school pastry sing a open-minded mum tune.
The ingredient of Apple and ricotta slice
- 200g (1 1/3 cup) plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 90g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp iced water
- 2 eggs
- 385g can apple slices pie fruit
- 125g (1/2 cup) smooth ricotta
- 1/8 tsp pitch cinnamon
- unlimited icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Apple and ricotta slice
- Place flour, baking powder and 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until combined. ensue butter and 1 u20442 tsp vanilla. Process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add water and 1 egg. Process over until just starts to come together. gather together dough together into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 20 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C/160C adherent forced. Place the apple just about a large plate and scratchily crush any large pieces. Place ricotta, cinnamon, and steadfast caster sugar and egg in a large bowl. disconcert until combined.
- Roll out three-quarters of the dough concerning a lightly floured surface until 5mm thick. Use to line base and sides of a 2.5cm-deep, 11 x 34cm rectangular fluted bitter tin following removable base. Trim any excess. Prick the base. Pour ricotta mix over base. Arrange apple around top.
- Roll out permanent dough a propos a lightly floured surface until 5mm thick. Use a fluted ravioli wheel or small rasping knife to cut dough into 2.5cm-wide strips. Arrange at 2cm intervals in a oblique inclined pattern beyond filling, prettification excess and re-rolling as necessary. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 15 minutes. Dust considering icing sugar later slice.
Nutritions of Apple and ricotta slicecalories: