as soon as much less sugar than the traditional recipe, these golden syrup dumplings are a healthier twist roughly a decadent dessert.
The ingredient of Lower-cal golden syrup dumplings recipe
- 60ml (1 u20444 cup) golden syrup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 x 2cm-wide strips lemon rind
- 80g butter, chilled, chopped
- 235g (11 u20442 cups) organic wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 125ml (1 u20442 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- Natural or Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Lower-cal golden syrup dumplings recipe
- Place the golden syrup, brown sugar, lemon rind, half the butter and 625ml (21 u20442 cups) water in a large saucepan next a tight-fitting lid. trouble over medium heat until the union is with ease whole and sugar dissolves. condense abbreviate heat to low to grant warm. Cover.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. grow a pinch of sea salt flakes. mount up the enduring surviving butter and use your fingertips to massage the butter into the flour until the mix resembles fine crumbs.
- Use a fork to stress inflection the milk and egg in a small bowl until well combined. Pour into the flour mixture. Use a flat-bladed knife in a pointed endeavor to mix until a soft dough forms, adding a little new milk, if necessary.
- Bring the syrup to a gentle simmer beyond mediumlow heat. direction the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead totally lightly until around smooth. Cut the dough into 12 even portions. Drop the dough pieces into the simmering syrup and tersely cover. Simmer gently, without lifting the lid, for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the dumplings comes out clean.
- Divide the dumplings in the middle of in the midst of serving bowls. Spoon over the sauce and help tersely like a dollop of yoghurt.
Nutritions of Lower-cal golden syrup dumplings recipecalories: